COVID UPDATES & FAQ
We’re SO excited to have once again opened our doors! Things may look a little different for now but one thing that remains is our constant commitment to our brides. Please bear with us as we make the necessary steps to protect the health and safety of you (and us!).
Appointments – what’s new:
• We’re now booking Bridal Appointments and Styling Appointments (yay!)
• Appointments will continue to be the same length (75 minutes Bridal and 45 minutes Styling), with time in between for proper sanitation
• Appointments will be limited to the bride + 2 guests MAX
• If you’d like to have a virtual party with anybody who can’t be there – we’ll supply the Wifi, you supply the device
• For now, we won’t have a beverage station so please feel free to bring your own water
•You and your guest will be required to answer health and travel questions prior to your appointment
• If you or your guest are feeling unwell please do not visit, we would be happy to reschedule your appointment for another time
Cleanliness – so fresh and so clean, clean:
• Your stylist will be wearing a face mask/shield during the whole appointment
• Masks must be worn by the entire party for the duration of the appointment – disposable masks will be provided or re-usable masks are available for purchase
• Your stylist will be washing their hands before and after every appointment
• Upon arrival you will be asked to sanitize your hands, we highly recommend singing the chorus of ‘Oops I did It Again’ while you do!
• Dresses will be steam cleaned after each try-on
• Surfaces will be disinfected after each appointment
• Gloves will be required to look through the dress racks – hands should be sanitized before and after
• Plexiglass screens have been installed at the cash point
• Our fabric curtains have been replaced with doors to allow for proper sanitation
• We will not be accepting cash payments at this time; we do accept Visa, MasterCard and Visa Debit
• As much as we’re saddened by it, we will not be offering hugs or handshakes; but we do accept air high-fives any day!
• To keep the boutique clean we will continue to ask all guests to remove their shoes upon entering, but we will no longer have slippers available so please feel free to bring your own slippers, socks or clean indoor shoes
Virtual Appointments – the low down:
• We are still offering Virtual Appointments for people who may prefer this method or who need it: first responders, people who are immunocompromised etc
We will continue to follow the recommendations of Government and Public Health Officials and will make changes as needed. The health and safety of our brides and our team is of the utmost importance.
We can’t wait to shop with you! Click here to book today
Vanessa & Andrea
It’s Sash & Bustle’s mission to give brides a fun and enjoyable experience. Here are some useful tips about your appointment.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes! We operate by appointment only and have a dedicated stylist working with each bride. We are an intimate boutique and are unable to accommodate walk-ins. Please click on the home page to book an appointment and schedule your Bridal, Accessories Styling appointment or Off The Rack Bridal Appointment.
How long is an appointment?
Each Bridal and Off The Rack Bridal appointment runs for approximately 75 minutes. We find this is a perfect amount of time to browse the collection of dresses and get settled in the boutique for your Sash & Bustle experience. To help us make the most of your appointment, visit the Designers section of our website to see photos from our curated collection and make a list of your “must-try” designers. We reserve 45 minutes for accessories styling appointments.
When should I order my wedding gown?
We find it most comfortable to order your gown 7-10 months prior to your wedding day. The bridal gowns are made to order and take 4-6 months to produce. When factoring in alteration time it can take up to 6-8 months to have your gown in-hand and fitting perfectly for the big day. That said, we do accommodate rush requests whenever possible. Please let us know if you have a tight timeline before your wedding and we’ll guide you to collections that we can order quickly. Rush fees may apply.
Do you sell wedding dresses off the floor if I don’t have time to order?
We absolutely do! We have recently expanded our Off The Rack collection to help brides on tight timelines or with limited budgets find their dream dress. To read all about an Off The Rack Bridal Appointment click here.
Will I need alterations?
We order the dress in as close to your size as possible, but in most cases a wedding gown will need alterations to give you the perfect, tailored fit.
Do you do alterations in house?
We do not offer in-house alteration services. We are happy to provide a list of expert seamstresses in the GTA that do excellent work. We have also been working on a national and international list of recommended seamstresses for all of you out of town brides-to-be!
What are the sample sizes in store?
Sash & Bustle’s sample gowns range from size 6 to 24. We do our best to buy average sizing to be able to fit as many women as possible. Many of the designers offer sizing up to size 24 – 28, but not all of them.
What is the price range of your bridal collection?
Our gowns start at $1,800 and top out at $6,900. On average the Sash & Bustle bridal gowns range between $2,500 and $3,700.
What do I need to bring, and do I need to wear special undergarments?
We recommend that you bring a strapless bra and wear light or nude undergarments. You may also wish to bring a pair of heels.
What is a trunk show?
A trunk show is a special event when our boutique features a specific designer’s entire or latest collection for a limited time. Often the designer attends in person, and sometimes lucky brides can be eligible for discounts! To visit a trunk show, please browse our events page to see all of the upcoming trunk shows. See our blog on “Everything You Need to Know About a Trunk Show” HERE !
Is your boutique wheelchair accessible?
Yes, our boutique is wheelchair accessible with the exception of our downstairs den. We recommend making a special request prior to the appointment.
Is there parking near by?
Metered parking is available on Queen Street East during non-rush hour periods, just steps away from our front door. During rush hour Monday-Friday between 4pm-6pm, please park on the North side of Queen Street, or on adjacent side streets, which provides complimentary 3 hour parking.
779 Queen Street East
Toronto, Ontario M4M 1H5
Tel. (647) 340-5850
Note that appointments are always necessary.
LET'S BE FRIENDSMore ways to follow Sash & Bustle
Our Real Brides
Press & Media
CONTACT USSASH & BUSTLE BRIDAL BOUTIQUE
779 Queen Street East
Tel. (647) 340-5850
Please note that appointments are always necessary.